PDA

Vollständige Version anzeigen : Suggestion: Glossary

bcingoz
02.04.2008, 04:40
Hi there,

I am thinking that placing a "Glossary" section at the end of the manual, within the help files, or somewhere in this forum could really enhance the experience of learning to navigate through the program. As a user quite html-illiterate (xml? php? no idea), some terms remain unclear to me, and they hinder my understanding of the help files and manuals. Things such as runtime, trigger, wildcard, user-defined variable or a URL parameter could be quite obscure... :confused: Perhaps knowing the meaning and the application of these things (even very briefly) could benefit people who can then be minimally informed to decide whether they should incorporate something like that into their surveys...

I just thought I'd put my suggestion out there in case there might be other people like me.

Cheers, ;)
Banu

Christian Kamp
02.04.2008, 12:40
Hi Banu,

suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. I'll forward this to our manual and documentation department

Regards

Christian

Marizete
01.06.2010, 17:03
Hi Folks,
Beyond being iliterate in many tec areas, I am feeling sort of helpless, because I am getting no reply to the questions I sent to campus by e-mail. I have even re-sent them. Are the answers to obvious??
Sorry, but not for me. :cry: Can anyone help?

Hi there,

I am thinking that placing a "Glossary" section at the end of the manual, within the help files, or somewhere in this forum could really enhance the experience of learning to navigate through the program. As a user quite html-illiterate (xml? php? no idea), some terms remain unclear to me, and they hinder my understanding of the help files and manuals. Things such as runtime, trigger, wildcard, user-defined variable or a URL parameter could be quite obscure... :confused: Perhaps knowing the meaning and the application of these things (even very briefly) could benefit people who can then be minimally informed to decide whether they should incorporate something like that into their surveys...

I just thought I'd put my suggestion out there in case there might be other people like me.

Cheers, ;)
Banu

Kristian
02.06.2010, 11:03
Hi Marizete,

the Campus list as the forum as well depend on mutual help of the users. The Unipark program does not include any support, so it is not possible to demand for a reaction. Also double postings and requests concerning formerly asked questions are not recommended.

You can ask a question and if somebody has a clue, or if Globalpark staff members have some free time, you will receive an answer, but calling for it is not possible. So please be patient.

Also the handbook contains a lot of information and help. Please consider reading it before you post a question in the forum. Also consider to read our forum rules: http://forum.unipark.info/forum/announcement.php?f=298

Regards
Kristian