Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 25.06.2013, 13:42   #1
adurand
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

adurand befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
Dear Unipark Community,

I would like to understand why I have so many "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" arriving in my mailbox after sending my surveys (358704 and 358743, are just examples of projects in which it happened for instance: I have sent out these surveys to 1022 and 3631 participants and I have received 1244 emails with title: "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" , 177 with title: "Delivery Status Notification (Failure)" and others with other titles). Although they do not appear coded as "cannot be reached" in the statistics overview, I know the participants could not be reached. I also know almost all the email addresses were valid. I have heard it was because some servers would list Unipark.de as SPAM and block it automatically. Is this correct? What are the ways around it?

Thank you in advance for your answer.
Dr. Durand
adurand ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 25.06.2013, 16:33   #2
JensL
Administrator
Site Admin

JensL befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Dear Dr. Durand,

problem with this topic is, that there's tons of potential sources for these kind of Problems and the vast majority of these doesn't lie within our reach.

The first thing we usually advise on regarding this matter, is contacting the IT department responsible for the toplevel domain your email-adress is using. In most cases those emails are connected to a university, like example@exampleuniversity.com.

The IT department of exampleuniversity.com should thus be contacted in order to add our servers to their SPF entry:

include:spf.qb-feedback.com

Further Information on SPF in general:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework

Regards,

Jens
JensL ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 28.06.2013, 22:46   #3
adurand
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

adurand befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Thank you ! I will try what you suggested.
AD
adurand ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht