Site Admin

Catterall befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Question re: linked slider and question skip
Installation: ww3.unipark.de
Project-ID(s): 399951
Page-ID(s): 2521548
Account name: catterall

What is my request [short but precise description]:
I have a linked slider scale question, which totals to 100%. The maximum value is forced, which I need to keep in place to ensure the question can be easily answered by respondents. However, this seems to mean that respondents cannot bypass this question without answering it. Is there something I can do that will allow respondents to voluntarily not answer this type of question but still force the maximum value?

In other questions you seem to be able to prompt the respondent for an answer, but they can tick a box to indicate that they want to leave the question blank. I can't seem to get this option to work on this slider question.

What I have done so far to help myself:
I have searched the manual and there doesn't appear to be anything in there that can answer my question. I've also searched the forum and can't find anything that is specific to my problem.

Any help or advice that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!
Catterall ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 03.04.2014, 12:39   #2
JensL
Administrator
Site Admin

JensL befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Hi Catterall,

linked sliders with forced values don't have an option that offers the participant to ignore this at the moment, so you'd have to use a workaround.
This will however be a bit tricky, as ignorable plausibility checks have to be JavaScript-checks and those aren't support for the current version of the responsive layout (which you are using).

So what you can do is this:

1. Set up two user defined variable (e.g. c_0001 and c_0002)
2. On top of page 2521548 you set up a single selection question in the way of "The total doesn't equal 100, would you like to continue to the next page anyways?" and answer-options yes / no. Now set the hiding condition to c_0001 = (leave the value field empty) and save.
3. Next you will need a pagetrigger, that jumps to the same page.
-Execution position: After submitting page, after filter
-Condition:
a) Edit
b) c_0002 | unequal | 100 AND v_x (replace with the variable from the single selection question mentioned above) | unequal | 1
c) Save
- Also execute trigger in preview mode - Yes
- Execute this trigger multiple times in one survey session - Yes
4. Set up a recoding trigger; Also execute trigger in preview mode - Yes; Execution position - After submitting page, before filters; Detail configuration: c_0001 | 1
5. Set up another recoding trigger with the same settings as before. Detail configuration for this one will be c_0002 | #v_1015# + #v_1016# + #v_1017# + #v_1018# + #v_1019# + #v_1020# + #v_1021# + #v_1022#

What happens with this setup is, the participants enters the page and sees only the slider question. If the total doesn't sum up to 100, c_0001 is recoded with 1 and the pagetrigger reloads the same page. After reloading, the option to ignore the total of 100 will be shown, because the hiding condition isn't met. The pagetrigger will be executed until the total either equals 100, or the participant chooses Yes for ingoring.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Jens
JensL ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 03.04.2014, 13:06   #3
Catterall
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

Catterall befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Hello Jens,

Thank you very much for your response to my query. I must admit, I was hoping there would a simpler way to do this. I will take a look at what you suggested.

Thank you again for your reply. I appreciate the help!

Best wishes
Catterall ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht