Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

le_doux befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
a button to conduct to a page before ending
Dear unipark community,

-Installation:ww3.unipark.de
-Project-ID(s): 234660
-Account name: dorian_litvine
-What is my request [short but precise description]: I would like to add a button on each page that brings the respondent to a last page before closing the survey (the button will have "ending survey" if the respondent wants to stop) (possible to overpass java problems? indeed can not ask my respondents to do manupalation on the java options.... ).
Thank you very much !!

- What I did to help myself : I looked to the info manual and did several search requests on the forum.
le_doux ist offline  
Alt 19.07.2011, 13:24   #2
JensL
Administrator
Site Admin

JensL befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Hi Dorian,

that's possible by using Javascript, but unfortunately this is no supported feature of the Unipark software.
JensL ist offline  
Alt 24.07.2011, 15:07   #3
le_doux
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

Dear Jens,
Is there any java code already available for this button conducting to another page?
Thank you very much
le_doux
le_doux ist offline  
Alt 03.08.2011, 11:19   #4
Stephanie
Turbo Admin
Site Admin

Stephanie wird schon bald berühmt werden
Hi Le Doux,

unfortunately there is no Java or Javascript code available to set up a button as described by you.
You only have the possibility to code this yourself (if you are familiar with JavaScript).

Another possibility would be to add the "cancel" button. You can add it in Layout >> Standard editor >> Form elements >> Show button to cancel the survey?
When clicking the button, the survey will be canceled and closed. Already given answers will be saved and when clicking the survey link again, the participant can go on from the last page sent/last page seen (this can be defined in the project properties: "Behavior on resumption").
Unfortunately it then is not possible to show a last page first before closing the survey.
Please refer to the manual chapter "4.5.6 Inserting a Cancel Button" to find further information about the cancel button.

Regards,
Stephanie
-------------
campus@unipark.de
Stephanie ist offline  
Alt 04.08.2011, 16:58   #5
le_doux
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

Dear Stephanie,
I have a code for this "quit" button or a hyperlink. but I have new problems to solve now. Sorry for being long...

(1) I created another EFS survey (survey 2: project ID 237259) containing the "before ending page" (the "submit" button make respondent coming back to the first survey 1). I created a HTML question with an hyperlink (q_ID 2526583) directing directly to this survey 2. The survey 1 is personalized, and I set survey 2 as anonymous in order to avoid "code" problems in the URL.
BUt then How can I "link" respondent's answers in survey 1 and in survey 2 ?
(I tried to add #lfdn# in the hyperlink to survey 2, but when I export data, respondent's lfdn is different in survey 1 and 2. And "external_lfdn" is set at "0" in both export files. Can I integrate the respondent's code of survey 1 in the hyperlink to survey 2?)

(2) In order to avoid problems of linking the respondent's answer from survey 1 to 2, I created an external survey page that brings to survey 2. And I'm trying to make the hyperlink calling this external page. BUT (a) What form should have this URL in order to work? (I copied the URL of the external page that is seen for a respondent, I erased the sysid, sid, etc. But it is not working, message error. I tried doing "page-URL/?#code#" but it is not working...); (b) how to make this page visible only to those who click on the hyperlink "quit" (or button)? (May I create a user-defined variable that have a value when the hyperlink is clicked? Then I can use it to filter the "external survey page").

3) generate a pop-up window when he cilcks on "quit"? But I don't know if I can integrate questions and recover data...

Thank you very much.
Dorian

Geändert von le_doux (04.08.2011 um 19:58 Uhr).
le_doux ist offline  
Alt 05.08.2011, 15:50   #6
Stephanie
Turbo Admin
Site Admin

Stephanie wird schon bald berühmt werden
Hi Dorian,

unfortunately I am not abel to follow the steps you described and I as well can not imagine what you want to achieve.
If the participants just shall stop the survey and shall be able to complete the survey later, you can add a "cancel button". The survey then will be closed but you are not able to ask them further questions.

You can add an external survey start to forward participants to a second survey. The answers from survey 1 and survey 2 then can be matched if you transfer the LFDN from survey 1 to survey 2 using URL parameter.

Though, you can not directly link to a special survey page as tere are no special links for each page. You can see this when previewing different survey pages. The URL in the browser does not change. There is not value "page_id" in the URL. You therefore can not directly jump to a specific page.

You can not integrate EFS Survey questions in a pop-up window. If you create questions yourself with HTML then the answers can not be stored in your EFS survey.

Unfortunately I can not imagine another option than using a page trigger or javascript to forward the user to the desired last page.

Kind Regards,
Stephanie
Stephanie ist offline  
Alt 10.08.2011, 22:36   #7
le_doux
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

Dear Stephanie,
Thanl you a lot. It is my last message, sorry for insisting.

As I can not directly link to a special survey page, I can not bring the respondents directly to an "external survey start page", not with a button nor with a hyperlink. So last solution is to propose an hyperlink at the bottom of certain page linking to another anonymous EFS survey (composed with last questions). But then is that possible to integrate the LFDN in that hyperlink in order to recover it (and to have the same LFDN in survey 1 export and survey 2 export)?
If yes, how do you transfer the LFDN using URL parameter, I mean how do you write it down? I read the manual, and tried adding #lfdn# in the hyperlink linking to survey 2 BUT I can not recover the LFDN in survey 2 (when I export data from both surveys, respondents' lfdn are different in survey 1 and in survey 2)

ex : http://ww3.unipark.de/uc/etude_regio...v_mpt1/?#lfdn#

thank you for your help...
Dorian
le_doux ist offline  
Alt 15.08.2011, 15:15   #8
JensL
Administrator
Site Admin

Hi le_doux,

in the first survey, you set up the link like this:

http:// -- insert the link to your survey -- /?a=#lfdn#

In the second survey you set up a URL-parameter, which will then store the lfdn from project 1.

When looking at your export you can match participants by comparing lfdn from project 1 with p_0001 from project 2.
JensL ist offline  
Alt 16.08.2011, 18:46   #9
le_doux
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

Dear Jens,

Thank you for your answer. It does work ! The last thing is (1) in survey 2, when I click on "submit" of the only page of questions, it should go to a final page. BUT instead unipark displays "An internal application error has occured. The data transmitted by your browser is not valid and cannot be processed by the system. Please restart the survey.". (survey 1's ID=236447 ; click on "QUITTER" in the 3rd page ; survey 2's ID = 237259).
I don't understand what's wrong...

(2) if I go for the the URL solution (because unfortunately I can not propose to point to an "external survey start"), then answers on the last page of survey 1 will not be saved...

Anyway, I did a feedback about the need for such a "give-up" solution, other people may need it. Thank you !!

Dorian
le_doux ist offline  
Alt 17.08.2011, 11:10   #10
JensL
Administrator
Site Admin

Dear le_doux,

if you change the return-link in the second survey to
http://ww3.unipark.de/uc/etude_regio...turn_tic=#tic#
it should work.

Regarding (2) I have to admit that I don't quite understand what you meant to say here. Please explain the problem a bit more detailed.
JensL ist offline  
Thema geschlossen

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht