Alt 24.03.2014, 10:50   #1
edojaya
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

edojaya befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Inviting participants without collecting email addresses
Hi,

Installation: ww3.unipark.de
Project ID: 400306 (collect email addresses)
Project ID: 396722 (Survey 1)

I am planning to conduct an anonymous longitudinal mental health survey study with 4 measurement points along 1 year (baseline, 4-months, 8-months, 12-months).

After consultation with Datenschutz Hamburg, it seems to be not accordance to the law, if we collect email address (personally identifiable information) and conjointly, conduct a mental health survey study (sensitive information).

The only way to conduct health survey study without obtaining a written informed consent (or the equivalent qualified electronic signature) is to do it anonymously, that is without collecting personally identifiable information.

To get around this, I am thinking of using the "Mail Trigger" function to send the survey link for Survey 1 and so forth. By using this "Mail Trigger" function, I actually do not need to have access to the email address database that has been collected.

My question is: is it possible to collect data, but forbid myself (or anyone, for that matter) to access (or export) that data?
Alternatively, can Unipark manually do that to my "projects"?

With this method, I am not exactly collecting personally identifiable information, since nobody have the personally identifiable information (email addresses). But, I can still invite around the same participants at Survey 1 to do Survey 2, and so forth.

Best regards,
Edo
edojaya ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 25.03.2014, 11:37   #2
JensL
Administrator
Site Admin

JensL befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Hi Edo,

spontaneously there's only one way I can think of to do this:

First you'll have to set up a URL-parameter. This changes your survey link to http://linktoyour.survey/uc/survey/?a=
Be sure to include this when sending out the invitation links at the first time.

At the point of the survey where you want to, set up a textfield where the participant puts in his/her email-adress.
On the same page, you set up a mailtrigger that sends a mail to the participants with the invitation link to the next measurement point at the desired time.

Here you include the survey link in the following manner:

<a href="#URL#?a=#LFDN#">Label</a>.

This will send out the invitation link to the next measurement point and include the participant's consecutive number, so you can match the different measurement point's data.

Now there's one last step to be taken to comply with your data protection issues.

On the page following the one with the mailtrigger, you set up another recoding trigger which recodes v_x with an empty value (where v_x is the text-field variable which was used for the email-adress before). Set this trigger to the execution position "directly".

What you get from this setup is:

1. a way to match the different datasets belonging to one participant
2. the email-adress will be put in, but when the participant submits the page, which would generally lead to it beingt stored in the database, the recoding trigger on the following page will instantly overwrite the information

Regards,

Jens
JensL ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 25.03.2014, 11:50   #3
edojaya
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

edojaya befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Hi Jens!

I think that this might really work! Thanks a lot!

Edo
edojaya ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht