Antwort

Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 17.05.2013, 12:57   #1
M. Bakker
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

M. Bakker befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Linking Multiple Questionnaires
Dear Questback Contributor(s), I need some help !

Since a couple of weeks I'm enjoying the Unipark software but I work with multipele questionnaires and I have encountered some difficulties.

The setting is as follows:
Participants: prengnant women
Setting: ultrasound at 13 weeks of gestation and 20 weeks of gestation
Questionnaires: 4

Questionnaire 1: before 13 weeks of gestation (0-2 weeks)
Questionnaire 2: after 13 weeks of gestation (0-2 weeks)
Questionnaire 3: before 20 weeks of gestation (0-2 weeks)
Questionnaire 4: after 20 weeks of gestation (0-2 weeks)

Normally we would invite these women on a personalized basis, by emailadres. But since the process of getting their emailadres in time (before the 13 week ultrasound scan) is too slow, we think it is better to invite them by an anonymous link.

Questions:
- by inviting women by an anonymous link does the computer automatically generate a code which can also by used as a variabele to match a person? Or do I need to send along a registration number?
- in the first questionnaire women are asked to fill in their emailadres, name and birthdate to link questionnaire 1, 2, 3, and 4 to each other. Is it possible to link these 4 questionnaire longitudinally in time? Or do you need to do this manually by creating a participants database?
- it is possible to send notifications by email, but can this be done only per questionnaire or can this also be linked longitudinally in time?

Thank you in advance!!!

Greetings from Holland,

Merel
M. Bakker ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 17.05.2013, 14:16   #2
JensL
Administrator
Site Admin

JensL befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Hi Merel,

Zitat:
Zitat von M. Bakker Beitrag anzeigen
Questions:
- by inviting women by an anonymous link does the computer automatically generate a code which can also by used as a variabele to match a person? Or do I need to send along a registration number?
No, you would have to ensure yourself that you have some kind of criteria, which let's you match the results. An easy way to do so, is passing on the LFDN from questionnaire 1 to 2. Say you link was http://first.questionna.ire/uc/main/, then you would Change that to http://first.questionna.ire/uc/main/?a=#lfdn#. In the second questionnaire, you set up a URL-parameter which then stores the participant's LFDN in the previous survey.

Zitat:
- in the first questionnaire women are asked to fill in their emailadres, name and birthdate to link questionnaire 1, 2, 3, and 4 to each other. Is it possible to link these 4 questionnaire longitudinally in time? Or do you need to do this manually by creating a participants database?
What exactly are you referring to with linking?
Also if I were you, I'd check back with local data protection laws that this is ok, because your survey data is no Longe anonymous, when you are storing the participant's email-adress.

Zitat:
- it is possible to send notifications by email, but can this be done only per questionnaire or can this also be linked longitudinally in time?
You can set up mailtriggers so that mails will be sent from within each Survey, either directly on activating the trigger, or at a specified date/time.

Best regards

Jens
JensL ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 20.05.2013, 19:22   #3
M. Bakker
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

M. Bakker befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Dear Jens,

Thank you so much for your reply! Very helpfull!

With linking I mean that the questionnaires are automatically linked (coupled) to each other (so if you participate and finish questionnaire 1 you are automatically invited at the right time to fill out 2, 3 and 4). It would make the process of inviting the people on the right time less complex. But I do now understand that passing the LFDN form from questionnaire 1 to 2 is an indirect solution for this. Or are there also other options?

The women first give written consent (for all the 4 questionnaires) and they are also asked to give us their emailadres on the written consent form. This is done before they are invited to fill out the questionnaires.
In theory we could thus invite them personalized.
However, because of logistics it is less time consuming to invite them by an anonymous link to make sure that they will get the questionnaire on time and fill it in before they undergo the ultrasound scan at 13 weeks of gestation. Hence the question about linking

Kind regards,

Merel
M. Bakker ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 27.05.2013, 13:48   #4
JensL
Administrator
Site Admin

JensL befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Dear Merel,

there are several means that could be utilized for this, one of them being the sample Trigger (in case you are aiming for a personalized survey) as well as the mail Trigger, which can be useful regardless of the project type.

You can use the mail trigger to send out invitations for the following surveys at a certain time.

I suggest looking up the corresponding chapters in the manual.

Regards

Jens
JensL ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht