Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 17.06.2013, 15:07   #1
M. Bakker
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

M. Bakker befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
URL Parameters & Customer Variables
Dear Questback,

I still have some questions about the answers you sended me. I hope you can help me!

1 Answer Questback. As written below the lfdn is generated but it might make more sense to either use the email address to link the accounts or for example an ID that is directly part of the link. Create a url parameter (project properties) so that the url now is: url?a= now you can submit an ID there, use for participant 1 for example: url?a=1 for participant 2 url?a=2 and so on. The code will be saved in p_0001 and can also passed to following surveys that are linked in using the external survey start with: redirect-url?c_0001=#p_0001# -> This requires a customer variable in the following project (can also be setup in the project properties)

I managed to create an URL parameter (short text variable type), and as a result the url/?a= is now part of my survey URL. If I understand correctly, the only thing I need to do is put 1, 2, 3, etc behind it (url/?a=1, url/?a=2, url/?a=3) for every different participant? I also manged to create a customer variable (short text variable type) in survey 2, 3 and 4 in the project properties. So it is not necessary anymore to do this via redirect-url?c_0001=#p_0001#, because I created it in the project properties?

2 Answer Questback. Transfer them to a custom variable in the follow up survey e.g. redirect-url? c_0001=#p_0001# &c_0002=#v_X# with v_X being the wildcard for the email address variable name. Add more variables if required.

I must say that I have no clue how to do above mentioned. I have created 2 customer variables. The first, c_0001, for transferring p_0001 and the second, c_0002, for the email-address of the participant. But I do not understand the following, redirect-url? c_0001=#p_0001# &c_0002=#v_X#. Where can I put redirect in front of the URL? I do not see that as a possibility in the project properties? Or is this something you change in the invitation email? I understand that v_W is the wildcard for the emailadress, but do I need to substitute v_W for the emailadres or is this the code that it will automatically select the emailadres? How does the coding v_W know that it is ment for an emailadres? Where do I specify this?

3 Answer Questback. Emails can be scheduled, so instead of using a redirect directly at the end use and email trigger and schedule it to go our X days after completion or at a certain data. Put the url with all the wildcards and the link to the follow up survey in.

This sounds like the perfect solution for my problem. That it will be possible to link survey 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 by using the email-trigger. But I have no clue how to do 'Put the url with all the wildcards and the link to the follow up survey in.' Could you please specify how I could do this? I have no clue.

Many thanks in advance!!

Greetings from Holland,

Merel
M. Bakker ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 17.06.2013, 16:14   #2
JensL
Administrator
Site Admin

JensL befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Dear M. Bakker,

could you please post the original request aswell, because it is somewhat hard to understand what this setup is aiming for without knowing the context.

Regards

Jens
JensL ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 29.06.2013, 15:58   #3
M. Bakker
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

Dear Jens,

The communication in chronologically order:
Dear Questback Contributor(s), I need some help !

Since a couple of weeks I'm enjoying the Unipark software but I work with multipele questionnaires and I have encountered some difficulties.

The setting is as follows:
Participants: prengnant women
Setting: ultrasound at 13 weeks of gestation and 20 weeks of gestation
Questionnaires: 4

Questionnaire 1: before 13 weeks of gestation (0-2 weeks)
Questionnaire 2: after 13 weeks of gestation (0-2 weeks)
Questionnaire 3: before 20 weeks of gestation (0-2 weeks)
Questionnaire 4: after 20 weeks of gestation (0-2 weeks)

Normally we would invite these women on a personalized basis, by emailadres. But since the process of getting their emailadres in time (before the 13 week ultrasound scan) is too slow, we think it is better to invite them by an anonymous link.

Questions:
- by inviting women by an anonymous link does the computer automatically generate a code which can also by used as a variabele to match a person? Or do I need to send along a registration number?
- in the first questionnaire women are asked to fill in their emailadres, name and birthdate to link questionnaire 1, 2, 3, and 4 to each other. Is it possible to link these 4 questionnaire longitudinally in time? Or do you need to do this manually by creating a participants database?
- it is possible to send notifications by email, but can this be done only per questionnaire or can this also be linked longitudinally in time?

Thank you in advance!!!

Greetings from Holland,

Merel
Hi Merel,
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Bakker
Questions:
- by inviting women by an anonymous link does the computer automatically generate a code which can also by used as a variabele to match a person? Or do I need to send along a registration number?

No, you would have to ensure yourself that you have some kind of criteria, which let's you match the results. An easy way to do so, is passing on the LFDN from questionnaire 1 to 2. Say you link was http://first.questionna.ire/uc/main/, then you would Change that to http://first.questionna.ire/uc/main/?a=#lfdn#. In the second questionnaire, you set up a URL-parameter which then stores the participant's LFDN in the previous survey.
Quote:
- in the first questionnaire women are asked to fill in their emailadres, name and birthdate to link questionnaire 1, 2, 3, and 4 to each other. Is it possible to link these 4 questionnaire longitudinally in time? Or do you need to do this manually by creating a participants database?

What exactly are you referring to with linking?
Also if I were you, I'd check back with local data protection laws that this is ok, because your survey data is no Longe anonymous, when you are storing the participant's email-adress.
Quote:
- it is possible to send notifications by email, but can this be done only per questionnaire or can this also be linked longitudinally in time?

You can set up mailtriggers so that mails will be sent from within each Survey, either directly on activating the trigger, or at a specified date/time.

Best regards

Jens
Dear Jens,

Thank you so much for your reply! Very helpfull!

With linking I mean that the questionnaires are automatically linked (coupled) to each other (so if you participate and finish questionnaire 1 you are automatically invited at the right time to fill out 2, 3 and 4). It would make the process of inviting the people on the right time less complex. But I do now understand that passing the LFDN form from questionnaire 1 to 2 is an indirect solution for this. Or are there also other options?

The women first give written consent (for all the 4 questionnaires) and they are also asked to give us their emailadres on the written consent form. This is done before they are invited to fill out the questionnaires. In theory we could thus invite them personalized.
However, because of logistics it is less time consuming to invite them by an anonymous link to make sure that they will get the questionnaire on time and fill it in before they undergo the ultrasound scan at 13 weeks of gestation. Hence the question about linking

Kind regards,

Merel
Dear Questback,

I still have some questions about the answers you sended me. I hope you can help me!

1 Answer Questback. As written below the lfdn is generated but it might make more sense to either use the email address to link the accounts or for example an ID that is directly part of the link. Create a url parameter (project properties) so that the url now is: url?a= now you can submit an ID there, use for participant 1 for example: url?a=1 for participant 2 url?a=2 and so on. The code will be saved in p_0001 and can also passed to following surveys that are linked in using the external survey start with: redirect-url?c_0001=#p_0001# -> This requires a customer variable in the following project (can also be setup in the project properties)

I managed to create an URL parameter (short text variable type), and as a result the url/?a= is now part of my survey URL. If I understand correctly, the only thing I need to do is put 1, 2, 3, etc behind it (url/?a=1, url/?a=2, url/?a=3) for every different participant? I also manged to create a customer variable (short text variable type) in survey 2, 3 and 4 in the project properties. So it is not necessary anymore to do this via redirect-url?c_0001=#p_0001#, because I created it in the project properties?

2 Answer Questback. Transfer them to a custom variable in the follow up survey e.g. redirect-url? c_0001=#p_0001# &c_0002=#v_X# with v_X being the wildcard for the email address variable name. Add more variables if required.

I must say that I have no clue how to do above mentioned. I have created 2 customer variables. The first, c_0001, for transferring p_0001 and the second, c_0002, for the email-address of the participant. But I do not understand the following, redirect-url? c_0001=#p_0001# &c_0002=#v_X#. Where can I put redirect in front of the URL? I do not see that as a possibility in the project properties? Or is this something you change in the invitation email? I understand that v_W is the wildcard for the emailadress, but do I need to substitute v_W for the emailadres or is this the code that it will automatically select the emailadres? How does the coding v_W know that it is ment for an emailadres? Where do I specify this?

3 Answer Questback. Emails can be scheduled, so instead of using a redirect directly at the end use and email trigger and schedule it to go our X days after completion or at a certain data. Put the url with all the wildcards and the link to the follow up survey in.

This sounds like the perfect solution for my problem. That it will be possible to link survey 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 by using the email-trigger. But I have no clue how to do 'Put the url with all the wildcards and the link to the follow up survey in.' Could you please specify how I could do this? I have no clue.

Many thanks in advance!!

Greetings from Holland,

Merel
Alt 03.07.2013, 12:39   #4
JensL
Administrator
Site Admin

Dear Merel,

lots of stuff to read

Let me sum this up and see if I got it right:

You are looking to do two things-

1. Having a way to match participants from Survey 1, 2, 3 and 4
2. Inviting participants after a certain time for the next survey in line

Also, your participants are putting in their email adress in the first survey.

Is this correct so far?

If so here's step by step what was suggested so far:

First you'll need a URL-parameter in Survey 2,3 and 4 which will store the email-adress, so that participant's data can be matched later. You won't need this in the first survey.

Let's say the links to the Surveys are

1st survey: http://unipark.installation/uc/firstsurvey

2nd survey: http://unipark.installation/uc/secondsurvey?a=

3rd survey: http://unipark.installation/uc/thirdsurvey?a=

4th survey: http://unipark.installation/uc/fourthsurvey?a=

and the variable storing the email-adress is v_1.

At the end of the survey, you can use a mailtrigger, to invite the participants to the next one.

In the mailtrigger, set up your email, and use the corresponding link. For the first survey (in the fictional environment described above) inviting for the second one that would be:

http://unipark.installation/uc/secondsurvey?a=#v_1#

In the second survey, the information the placeholder #v_1# (email-adress) will be stored in the URL-Parameter (by default p_0001) of the second survey. In the mailtrigger of the second survey, you'd thus have to pass on the Information stored in the URL-parameter.

The invitation link in the second survey, inviting for the third one would thus be:

http://unipark.installation/uc/thirdsurvey?a=#p_0001#

and the last one would be

http://unipark.installation/uc/fourthsurvey?a=#p_0001#

Last, you'd have to set the dispatch date of the mailtrigger to:

Dynamically upon activation of the trigger

and choose the preferred time.

Regards

Jens
Alt 08.07.2013, 20:05   #5
M. Bakker
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

Dear Jens,

Thank you so much! Finally got it!

But two additional questions

1. For me it is not possible to change the execution position in the regular settings - the only option is 'directly'. In the special options I can put in a dispatch date, which can be dynamically upon trigger (days, weeks & months). If I put in the special options that I want a dynamic trigger, although in the regular option it says 'directly' (because its the only option)... will this be OK? So that someone who finishes the first questionnaire will get the email a few weeks later with the link to the second questionnaire?

... so I do not have to intervene? The computer does all the work

2. Second question: The only options I have in the 'dynamic upon trigger' under the special options - are days, months and weeks. Is it also possible to refine this? Let say have a date of a scheduled exam at 01-01-2014 and I want the email with the link to the second questionnaire will be send 2 weeks after that exact date (maybe that is not the date that the person finishes the first questionnaire, but it is important for the second questionnaire to be started 2 weeks after that exact date)

Many many thank!!

Greetings from Holland,

Merel
Alt 10.07.2013, 10:12   #6
JensL
Administrator
Site Admin

Hi Merel,

the "Execution position" option can be found under the "Settings" tab instead of "Special options".

Regards

Jens
Alt 10.07.2013, 22:16   #7
M. Bakker
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

... that is the point ...

I have the execution position in 'settings', however the only option is 'directly'. There are no other options to choose from, this is the only one.

In the special options I can put in a dispatch date, which can be dynamically upon trigger (days, weeks & months). However, in the regular settings the execution position still stands on 'directly'. So is this correct? So that someone who finishes the first questionnaire will get the email a few weeks later with the link to the second questionnaire? Or is it erroneous that in 'settings' I only have the option 'directly'?

Furthermore, is it also possible have a dynamically date trigger depending on an exam-date (which varies per person) on which the email-sending is triggered?

Many Thanks,

Merel
Alt 11.07.2013, 06:41   #8
JensL
Administrator
Site Admin

Hi Merel,

strange, both of these should be available, the execution position under the aforementioned menu and the dynamic dispatch date under "Special options"

Please let me know what your account name is (without the password) and what installation you are working on (www, ww2, ww3), so I can have a look at it.

Regards,

Jens
Alt 11.07.2013, 12:26   #9
M. Bakker
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

Hi Jens,

That would be really nice!

MerelB

Greetings,

Merel

Zitat:
Zitat von JensL Beitrag anzeigen
Hi Merel,

strange, both of these should be available, the execution position under the aforementioned menu and the dynamic dispatch date under "Special options"

Please let me know what your account name is (without the password) and what installation you are working on (www, ww2, ww3), so I can have a look at it.

Regards,

Jens
Alt 15.07.2013, 14:11   #10
M. Bakker
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

PS:

I tried today again if it was possible to change execution position but still no luck

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx7_...it?usp=sharing

Although this is possible (bit of a contradiction )

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx7_...it?usp=sharing
Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht