Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

Catterall befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Invite code no longer working! - In a panic
Installation: ww3.unipark.de
Project-ID(s): 399951
Account name: catterall

What is my request [short but precise description]:
I have an active survey. Until now, it seemed to be working as it should. However, I'm experiencing major problems now.

In particular, I was inviting participants using a link that contained both the survey web address and code. This was generated by the survey software using this code: #code_complete#. This had worked previously, however, it is now directing participants to a page that asks them for their unique access code. This is happening even with links that I know worked previously (in March). Can anyone advise me on why this has happened and what I can do to fix it? I recently sent out hundreds of reminder emails (using the same links as before that worked) that now are not working.

What I have done so far to help myself:
I had tested preivous links that successfully directed participants to the start of the survey - these now direct the participant to the access code page. I have tried generating a new link using the same procedure again with no luck.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated - starting to panic. I would appreciate a quick response as participants are starting to contact me.

Emma
Catterall ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 01.05.2014, 13:29   #2
domingo
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

domingo befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Hey Emma.
Had the very same problem this morning.
From what I could find out the problem lies in the ww3-installation only. Do you know anybody who uses unipark with an account on the www-installation?

Do they still see the first page of the survey? In my case they could so I could import the survey in a www-installation and put a link to the new survey on the "old" non-working survey. But as your survey is personalised it is a bit more complex I guess. If we knew how long the problem will be around you could just invite your participants again from the new survey I guess.

But I hope they will fix the problem soon over at Unipark... Also for me, this solution was only a short fix.
domingo ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 01.05.2014, 13:44   #3
Catterall
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

Catterall befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Hi Domingo,
I'm somewhat relieved to hear that it is not only me that is experiencing this - should mean that it is a technical problem rather than something that I have done.

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone on a www-installation. The link should work though; a participant completed my survey yesterday evening, so it must have worked then. I really don't want to have to re-send reminder emails with individual access codes. Not only would I be worried that I'd be considered a pest as I only sent them out on Tuesday, but it also looks extremely unprofessional - not great when my participants are professionals. Nightmare.
Catterall ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 07.05.2014, 14:51   #4
JensL
Administrator
Site Admin

JensL befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Hi both of you,

this was a temporary technical problem with EFS-Survey which has been resolved on friday morning.
Can you confirm this?

Regards,

Jens
JensL ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht