Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 21.06.2012, 17:05   #1
ChrisS
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

ChrisS befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
How to change the url dynamically
Hi there,
for my survey (which is done in a lab in the university) I'm using a reaction time tool. I want to know if the reaction time changes for different stimuli presented with unipark. the reaction time tool recognizes the url of the webbrowser, so I can see on which page which reaction time was measured.

The problem is: The different pages of my Unipark survey all have the same url, so I can't figure out, which reaction time was measured on which page

Is it possible to let Unipark show a different url for every page?

thanks for your help,
Chris
ChrisS ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 27.06.2012, 12:52   #2
JensL
Administrator
Site Admin

JensL befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Hi Chris,

I don't think showing specific URL's for each page would be possible, but you can do the same as your external tool, using the unipark software. If you take a look at your export, you will notice that (in case you have had at least one participant) there are rts_ (pageID) variables. Those variables store the time, at which a certain page has been submitted (formatted as unix timestamps). Now, if you subtract the value of two pages submitted (e.g. rts of the second page minus rts of the first page) the resulting value shows how many seconds the participant has spent on page two.

Regards,
Jens
JensL ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 29.06.2012, 14:04   #3
ChrisS
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

Hi Jens,
thanks for your answer.
But I don't want to know how much time the person spent on the page. The person has to react to a specific (secondary) task while being on the page. This reaction speed is measured. And I want to know if this reaction differs from page to page. The target stimulus that the persons have to react to, has nothing to do with the pages. Bit complicated

Chris
Alt 29.06.2012, 16:37   #4
JensL
Administrator
Site Admin

Hi Chris,

but didn't you mention in your first post, that the tool you are using determines the reaction times by the changing url?
Wouldn't that be the same, as when a page is submitted?

Regards,
Jens
Alt 02.07.2012, 16:27   #5
ChrisS
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

Hi Jens,
perhaps I described it a bit complicated
The reaction time tool measures the reaction for a different task which is independent from Unipark (reacting to a letter that changes its color) but also recognizes the webpage the participant is visiting.

Example: Participant visits Google. The reaction time tool shows a letter and changes its color. Participant need 2 seconds to notice this and hits a key on the keyboard. The reaction time tool creates a csv-file and writes the reaction time into it (2 seconds) and the page the participant was visiting (www.google.com).

I want to measure the reactions while the participants are browsing throught Unipark generates pages... and they all have the same url
Alt 02.07.2012, 16:40   #6
ChrisS
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

Is it possible to use the GET-parameter "in reverse".

I mean, i know it's possible to enter parameters in the URL and this has an effect on the survey. Perhaps I can create a special page (911) which changes the url via code.

Could that be possible?
Alt 02.07.2012, 21:20   #7
ChrisS
Neuer Benutzer
Site Admin

I found a solution for this.

It is possible to add hash-tags at the end of the url with javascript. The page is not reloaded after that (i guess). Anyway reloading the page with added hash-tag doesn't affect the content of the page. My tool recognizes the altered URL and I can distinguish the pages

The following code does it (I placed it in the page properties where you can add additional code. perhaps it also works with the 911-questions):

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">

window.location.hash = "#place_hashtag_here";

</script>
Alt 05.07.2012, 11:06   #8
JensL
Administrator
Site Admin

Hi Chris,

ok now I finally understood what exactly that tool does.
Sorry for not coming up with that idea you had, but I'm not exactly pro when it comes to javascript.

But good to hear that you found a solution.

Regards,
Jens
Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht